Monday, 1 July 2013

Revolt against the dictates of availability - Important announcement!

These days most people sing the songs of praise to our new world of connectivity.
The delightful pleasures of the internet promise the completion of the Enlightenment, all people are equal before the Google-God as long as they have a high-speed connection and sacrifice their integrity, intimate details and last but not least their lifetime on the altar of social media and technological progress.
We all do it to a certain degree and most of us do it with pleasure. We all throw away precious time and trade true social interaction for the rush of hundreds of friends on Facebook and the feeling our unimportant thoughts and dreams would have a meaning to someone else instead of drowning in the accelerating news stream.
The strangest part of it is that this post is no different from all the white noise out there - I really try to make a point but I am doomed to fail and being brutally honest doesn't make me less hypocritical.
Today as an artist who has to pay his bills with his artworks you simply HAVE TO use that social media bullshit to a certain degree otherwise you never gain a foothold.
Promoting an artistic vision that is anti-modern with the help of exactly the mechanisms and tools of the modernity I oppose just doesn't feel quite right. But this is a paradox I have to live and work with and so I try to make the best out of it. Fight fire with fire, I guess...

However, and this is what this announcement is really about, I have to make a cut and refocus on what is important. For the reasons discussed above I cannot abandon the most important tools of propaganda, so I will continue with this blog, my Facebook-page and any other possibility to gain renown on the world wide web. But I will restrict it to a minimum and keep distraction at bay.
So far I have tried to reply to each request asap but, as some of you may know, I constantly failed and just ended up with lots of loose threads. If I spent several hours each day with replies to requests and "networking" these hours are lost for the real work. So you could say I basically waste the time that I need to create the works all the blog-entries, mails and messages are about...
Sure, it's just an issue with my time management - but the main principle of time management is to set priorities.

Why should you care, dear reader?
Simply because I won't answer any request, comment or whatever that I get via blog, Facebook, Youtube and so on. The only way to contact me is to write an E-mail! 
All else will be ignored.
I know that this seems to be against all the logic of the market, but I believe in one thing - to focus on my true selling points is the only way to go - quality and innovation instead of networking and spamming!


/Freki Wodenswolf

3 comments:

Johan Örn said...

Well said. Anyone with an enough interesting idea and ambition to get them done will pursue the potential creator of said idea no matter what. All else are just not worth the attention.

Johan Örn said...

Well said. Anyone with an enough interesting idea and ambition to get them done will pursue the potential creator of said idea no matter what. All else are just not worth the attention.

Grindstone said...

Without this site coming up on a google search, I wouldn't have found it. Your work is incredible! Thank you so much for sharing your talent! I hope to become a customer of yours soon.