Monday 1 March 2010

Recent Works: New Bracer Designs


Bracer "New Dawn"

Maybe when I did this piece I was a bit inspired by the long winter this year and the actual wish for the sun to return, maybe those feeling inspired only the name I gave to this pattern.
Anyway, since I made my own Thor's Hammer design recently, I wanted to do my own version of another very important symbol of germanic paganism - the Irminsul.
I think I was fairly successful with my approach of combining this old sign with my own style.



Bracer "Svarog"
This design is my tribute to the slavonic pagan traditions I find really inspiring.
I think there may be some more works in the future using slavonic or baltic symbols. But since I am not that familiar with these styles, this will probably stay single attempts every now and then unless there will be a good response forcing me to do more ;)

Both bracers are available for sale in my shops:
Artfire: http://www.Wodenswolf.artfire.com/
Etsy: http://www.Wodenswolf.etsy.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great!! I love your works and this bracers is just the best I've ever seen!! Best regards from Slavic Poland, Greg

Monica Otmili said...

Oh, by all the gods, that's so epic! Amazing, beautiful work! Greetings from Czech Republic!